Thursday, July 31, 2008

Why?

Mommy, why is that guy riding a motorcycle? Mommy why does that girl have funny hair? Why, why, why? I feel like I'm supposed to have all the answers, not just for my kids, but for myself. But the more I know, the more I don't know... you know what I mean? There are times I ask "why me?", only to look around and say why not me? Why do some peoples lives consist of one struggle after another and why do other seemingly float through life relatively unscathed. Why do people who don't want babies have them and why are people who really want to have babies unable to? Why do people hurt each other? Why would I ever be unhappy when I have everything I could ever want and more? And when it comes to someone asking you a question about God's sovereignty why is it so hard to say "I don't know"? Why?

If we had the answers to all of our questions, what would that look like? Would we be happier, more peaceful, kinder, wiser? Would we loose faith because we would have no reason to blindly trust? Is that the point? I don't know why, is that enough of an answer?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I'll take peace in knowing that I serve all knowing God who has all the answers, and in His time He reveals those mysteries to us. Revelation from God is more exciting and thrilling than any other knowledge gained in my own efforts. Besides if I had the answers I'd be the one answering everyone's questions, I don't have time for that! :)